Re: [gnome-network]vino - remote desktop thing

On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 10:40 +0000, Mark McLoughlin wrote:

> Hi guys,
> 	I've just imported "vino" which is a new implementation of the "Remote
> Desktop" functionality similar in purpose to what we have in the
> gnome-sharing module at the moment.

although I haven't been able to compile it yet (debian's gnutls version
seems to be old), I think this looks really great.

> 	The main things that vino has over the gnome-desktop-sharing stuff is:
>
>   + Support for encrypting the protocol stream
>   + A completely re-written server which should be much more
>     maintainable and extensible than x11vnc.c
>   + A dialog which prompts the user before allowing anyone to
>     connect.
>   + A nice preferences dialog
>   + Launched either via gnome-session or a little session
>     managed program
>
> 	There's a fairly long document giving an overview of the project and a
> TODO list in vino/docs.
>
> 	Look forward to feedback ...

I think this has more features than our current solution, so, what about
dropping our g-desktop-sharing thing in favor of this? Rob, what do you
think?

cheers