[gnome-network]gnome-network for inclusion in 2.6

Hi

I would like to propose gnome-network for inclusion in GNOME 2.6.

gnome-network is a revival of the old gnome-network (dead by 1.0.2),
which contained a strange mix of network tools. We got it at that state,
removed almost everything, and started from scratch with the intention
to provide a good set of networking tools for normal users.

As a result, version 1.99.2 (right now being tarballed *) is a nice set
of client-oriented tools and utilities, currently containing:

	* a remote desktop client (formerly known as tsclient)
	* a remote shell client (telnet/ssh)
	* a network info tool, similar to Mac OS's, containing
	  tabs for ifconfig, ping, netstat, ...
	* a desktop sharing application (currently disabled in
	  the build due to problems with libvncserver)
	* a personal web server. This is currently our temporary
	  solution for users file sharing, but the plan is to
	  integrate with existing networks (SMB, NFS, NCP, etc)
	  once we can do that as a normal user (ie, no root access).
	* a libgnetwork library, which is the result of renaming
	  libgtcpsocket and have it as a starting point for more
	  network-oriented APIs, like Zeroconf integration and
	  that sort of things. This will be available in the
	  next release, since it still needs some renaming.
	* a transfer manager, still in the works, so nothing to
	  show yet.

gnome-network even has a website ->
http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnome-network

cheers

* I propose the module before having the tarball because I've got
problems building it :-)