Re: [gnome-network]Transfer Manager (again!)

Rodney Dawes wrote:
On Mar , 2003-10-14 at 18:34, Manuel Clos wrote:
Manuel Clos wrote:
To sum up, the transfer manager *can now resume* ftp and http uris. I will update downman cvs after I fix % reporting.
What is wrong with percent complete reporting?

This is a problem in downman. Currently the % is not correctly calculated after you stop/start a transfer.

This is the next step. So I will send a proposition for:
	- an interface for the clients
This is no more than the interface to the daemon. The clients should be
able to add transfers, stop transfers, remove transfers, pause and
resume transfers and possible a few other things.

Ok, where is this interface? are you going to write the idl file? If not, I can do it.

- a list of functions that should go into libgnomenetwork to wrap the interface
The list of functions that will go into the library for wrapping will be
defined by what the API for clients to interact with the daemon is.
There is no need to worry about this. It will be defined by other things
and will come along as needed, and as the API is written and defined.

Well, I want to help, so having a list of library functions to implement will be nice.

	- definition of the daemon structure (mostly downman)

Main Class, Tranfers Class, List Class, ... what do you have in mind?

	- features that the daemon should have (mostly downman)
I'm not sure what you really mean here.

Say, start, stop, restart, delete, queue, max simultaneous downloads, projects?, max connections to a server, max retries, ...

I also want to talk to epiphany developers to see if the prefer a plugin or just use the transfer manager.
Well, if Epiphany's goal is to integrate with GNOME, they should be
using the transfer manager. How they do that, is up to them. But if
they want to integrate, they should integrate by default. IE, if it is
a plug-in, it should be a part of the default build/install of epiphany.

Oh yes, but helping is a lot better than "mandatting". I talked with them, the best thing would be to replace the internal one. Of course we need to come with something *usable* (this is because I want to integrate downman), and do a patch to epiphany source so they can test it. I have looked at what and where needs done in epiphany, but I want to concentrate on getting the transfer manager ready first.

So I'm basically asking you for a plan, a timetable, what work needs doing (idl, api, features, ...) and how can we divide the work so that I can start working on it.

See you.

--
Manuel Clos
llanero eresmas net