RE: [GNOME-my]GARNOME build of Gnome 2.5.91 - march 16

On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 20:50, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
> > > 1. Wait for FC2
> >
> > test1 is already tracking GNOME 2.6; alexl/markmc are doing great work
>
> I don't really follow FC development. I prefer to learn about how things
> work on my own. As my GF says, I don't seem to be happy unless
> I'm breaking stuffs. I always believe you don't learn until you break
> things up, Bang your head a few times, and then finally fix it..
> (But I doubt I'm inclined to fix jhbuild/garnome right now. I'll wait
> till March 22 - Release date then I'll try again.)

Ah, you're one of those that likes to inflict pain on themselves. Don't
fix what ain't broke (famous saying, great engineering principle)

March 24th is the release. Tarball collection is 22nd March. Damn, that
doesn't leave much time to get the release notes out...argh!

> > > 2. Upgrade to FC1
> > It only has GNOME 2.4 at the moment; but jhbuilding it will work
>
> I'm already at Gnome 2.4.
> I don't think I wanna do that.
> I'll be rm -rf /opt/garnome26 and rm -rf /opt/gnome26 soon..
> Unless of course I want to burn then to a CD for later use

Funny, it seems to work on my system(s).
--
Colin Charles, byte aeon com my
http://www.bytebot.net/