RE: [GNOME-my]Gnome Keyboard Lockup

On Tue, 2003-12-30 at 09:27, Ow Mun Heng wrote:

> Hmm... I get what you mean.. which would explain how come when I created the
> new user, the menu system was really different from my
> old-user-before-the-lockup happened. Oh well... I better archive this email
> so that I will know what happened the next time it happens again.(touch
> wood)

> > The nicely way is to add <Parent>URL</Parent> to
> > ${HOME}/.gnome2/vfolders/applications.vfolder-info to include the
> > system-wide setting.
> >

> Which is...??

<VFolderInfo>
   <VFolder>
     <Parent>applications-all:///</Parent>
    <Include>${HOME}/.gnome2/vfolders/applications/*.desktop</Include>
     .
     ..
   </VFolder>
</VFolderInfo>

The Parent element content depends on which URL you want it to inherit
from.

In this way, you use the original system-wide menu as the basic and then
adding (include) new menu folder or item.

regards,
HOH