RE: [GNOME-my]Gnome Keyboard Lockup

I don't get it.. I thought it was the settings in /etc/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules
Where does the libvfolder-desktop-old.so comes in?

> >       For any user you want to have the right to edit their
> menu, you also
> > need to do this as the user:
> >
> >       cd ~/.gnome2/vfolders
> >       cp /etc/X11/desktop-menus/applications.menu
> applications.vfolder-info
> >     * When gnome-panel is restarted (via logout/login or
> kill) the user will
> > be able to see the changes they have made to their menu.
>
> NOT, all menu editing by using 'Create Launcher' will be per user
> setting, so it will automatically be edited in the
> applications.vfolder-info under ${HOME}/.gnome2/vfolders. You
> don't need
> to copy the /etc/X11/desktop-menus/applications.menu to there.
>
> In fact, by copying /etc/X11/desktop-menus/applications.menu to there,
> the user has lost the system-wide changes made by desktop
> administrator,
> so if a desktop administrator adds a new software to the system, then
> the software adds itself to /etc/X11/desktop-menus/applications.menu,
> but the user will lost the menu items, since the
> ${HOME}/.gnome2/vfolders/applications.vfolder-info in their overrides
> it.

Hmm... I get what you mean.. which would explain how come when I created the
new user, the menu system was really different from my
old-user-before-the-lockup happened. Oh well... I better archive this email
so that I will know what happened the next time it happens again.(touch
wood)

> The nicely way is to add <Parent>URL</Parent> to
> ${HOME}/.gnome2/vfolders/applications.vfolder-info to include the
> system-wide setting.

Which is...??