Re: Transmageddon: Ideas

Hi Nathan,
Thanks for your email.

First of all audio (and video)-only support is planned for the next
release. Already got some of the code for it done, although it needs
some cleanups to handle formats without container formats (ie. mp3 or
some variants of aac).

GStreamer is already multithreaded by design, and so is many of the
plugins. So when transmageddon runs it is using multiple cores for
instance if available. However most encoders are singlethreaded atm,
which is why you will often not see 100% CPU usage.

Been considering the queue of items option quite a few times, I am
trying to keep the UI very basic and I haven't come up with an idea for
a look yet of how the queue system would work without complicating
things to much.

Christian