RELEASE: GStreamer core 0.10.28, Base Plugins 0.10.28, Good Plugins 0.10.21

This mail announces the release of:
 - GStreamer 0.10.28 "Same Old, Same Old",
 - GStreamer Base Plug-ins 0.10.28 "Those Norwegians", and
 - GStreamer Good Plug-ins 0.10.21 "Lemons".

These releases fix a small number of regressions that were discovered
with yesterday's releases (most notably: Ogg/Dirac playback and h263 RTP
depayloading/videoconferencing).

In the interest of brevity, I will skip the usual description and
instead point you to the following web pages for more information:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/modules/gstreamer.html
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/modules/gst-plugins-base.html
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/modules/gst-plugins-good.html

To file bugs, request features or submit patches, please go to
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/bugs/

Direct links:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/src/gstreamer/gstreamer-0.10.28.tar.gz
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/src/gstreamer/gstreamer-0.10.28.tar.bz2

http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/src/gst-plugins-base/gst-plugins-base-0.10.28.tar.bz2
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/src/gst-plugins-base/gst-plugins-base-0.10.28.tar.gz

http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/src/gst-plugins-good/gst-plugins-good-0.10.21.tar.bz2
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/src/gst-plugins-good/gst-plugins-good-0.10.21.tar.gz

MD5 sums (for tarballs downloaded from gstreamer.freedesktop.org):
686a1c901c9315856ad80b72bdf2228b  gst-plugins-base-0.10.28.tar.gz
0107cf985ac90544bae70288220f5bab  gst-plugins-base-0.10.28.tar.bz2

9bc5c9b390edbb96bda42fc553eae5ae  gst-plugins-good-0.10.21.tar.bz2
f794df8ade107fdfac0ee3673c77cc85  gst-plugins-good-0.10.21.tar.gz

1c7accac718fe211ff91323c27d4ae02  gstreamer-0.10.28.tar.bz2
a0f2f24fdcddf25ce34997b8dca9be62  gstreamer-0.10.28.tar.gz

(Note: Good 0.10.20 was never announced and skipped on purpose.)

Enjoy!
Release notes for GStreamer 0.10.28 "Same old, same old"

The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
core of the GStreamer streaming media framework.

The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.

The 0.10.x series has been reworked for threadsafety.  It also features
various feature additions and enhancements.

This module, gstreamer, only contains core functionality.
For actual media playback, you will need other modules.

gst-plugins-base
contains a basic set of well-supported plug-ins
gst-plugins-good
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins under our preferred license
gst-plugins-ugly
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
    distributors
gst-plugins-bad
contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
    rigorous quality testing we expect

Features of this release

      * No material changes compared to 0.10.27, this release is mostly to
        keep the version in sync with gst-plugins-base
      * Parse "1/MAX" fraction strings

There were no bugs fixed in this release

Download

You can find source releases of gstreamer in the download directory:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/src/gstreamer/

GStreamer Homepage

More details can be found on the project's website:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/

Support and Bugs

We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer

Developers

GStreamer is stored in Git, hosted at git.freedesktop.org, and can be cloned from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.

Contributors to this release

      * Benjamin Otte
      * Wim Taymans

Release notes for GStreamer Base Plug-ins 0.10.28 "Those Norwegians"

The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
GStreamer Base Plug-ins.

The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.

This module contains a set of reference plugins, base classes for other
plugins, and helper libraries.

This module is kept up-to-date together with the core developments.  Element
writers should look at the elements in this module as a reference for
their development.

This module contains elements for, among others:

  device plugins: x(v)imagesink, alsa, v4lsrc, cdparanoia
  containers: ogg
  codecs: vorbis, theora
  text: textoverlay, subparse
  sources: audiotestsrc, videotestsrc, giosrc, gnomevfssrc
  network: tcp
  typefind
  audio processing: audioconvert, adder, audiorate, audioresample, volume
  visualisation: libvisual
  video processing: ffmpegcolorspace
  aggregate elements: playbin2, decodebin2, uridecodebin, decodebin, playbin

Other modules containing plug-ins are:

gst-plugins-good
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins under our preferred license
gst-plugins-ugly
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
    distributors
gst-plugins-bad
contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
    rigorous quality testing we expect

Features of this release

      * Ogg/Dirac fixes
      * build: really dist qtgv-xoverlay.h header file needed by overlay examples this time
      * rtspconnection: fix handling of x-server-ip-address
      * alsasrc fixes

Bugs fixed in this release

      * 610832 : qtgv-xoverlay.h header file missing in the tarball
      * 611900 : [oggdemux] Incorrect parsing of Dirac headers

Download

You can find source releases of gst-plugins-base in the download directory:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/src/gst-plugins-base/

GStreamer Homepage

More details can be found on the project's website:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/

Support and Bugs

We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer

Developers

GStreamer is stored in Git, hosted at git.freedesktop.org, and can be cloned from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.

Applications

Contributors to this release

      * Benjamin Otte
      * Dake Gu
      * David Schleef
      * Tim-Philipp Müller
      * Wim Taymans

Release notes for GStreamer Good Plug-ins 0.10.21 "Lemons"

The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
GStreamer Good Plug-ins.

The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.

"Such ingratitude.  After all the times I've saved your life."

A collection of plug-ins you'd want to have right next to you on the
battlefield.  Shooting sharp and making no mistakes, these plug-ins have it
all: good looks, good code, and good licensing.  Documented and dressed up
in tests.  If you're looking for a role model to base your own plug-in on,
here it is.

If you find a plot hole or a badly lip-synced line of code in them,
let us know - it is a matter of honour for us to ensure Blondie doesn't look
like he's been walking 100 miles through the desert without water.

This module contains a set of plug-ins that we consider to have good quality
  code, correct functionality, our preferred license (LGPL for the plug-in
  code, LGPL or LGPL-compatible for the supporting library).
We believe distributors can safely ship these plug-ins.
People writing elements should base their code on these elements.

Other modules containing plug-ins are:

gst-plugins-base
contains a basic set of well-supported plug-ins
gst-plugins-ugly
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
    distributors
gst-plugins-bad
contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
    rigorous quality testing we expect

Features of this release (and 0.10.20)

      * Fixes for RTP h263 depayloader timestamping regressions that broke video calls
      * Fixes for FLAC decoder when FLAC is embedded in a container such as Ogg or Matroska
      * rtpsource: bitrate estimation improvements
      * rtspsrc, udp: multicast fixes
      * identical to 0.10.20 but with one commit that broke make check reverted

Bugs fixed in this release (and 0.10.20)

      * 532117 : [matroskamux] Doesn't update the track duration
      * 610959 : [flacdec] certain flac-in-ogg file only plays after long delay
      * 611213 : [rtpsource] estimate bitrate on receiver side
      * 612154 : rtph263depay removes all timestamps from outgoing buffers

Download

You can find source releases of gst-plugins-good in the download directory:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/src/gst-plugins-good/

GStreamer Homepage

More details can be found on the project's website:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/

Support and Bugs

We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer

Developers

GStreamer is stored in Git, hosted at git.freedesktop.org, and can be cloned from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.

Applications

Contributors to this release

      * Tim-Philipp Müller