Re: Totem plugin development

Hello Nick,

On Thu, 2009-07-09 at 03:33 -0400, Nick Colgan wrote:
> Hi. I'm not sure if this is the right mailing list for this question,
> but I've been thinking about writing an equalizer plugin for Totem. My
> question is: are there any public resources concerning plugin
> development for Totem? How should I go about doing this? Do I develop
> a gstreamer plugin for the main functionality, then a GUI for Totem?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

There's plugin writing documentation at:
http://library.gnome.org/devel/totem/unstable/
including a tutorial that Philip wrote.

There's already a GStreamer plugin for equalisers, called "equalizer".

The main problem here is have your plugin be able to add a new element
to the GStreamer pipeline. That would require some changes to the
BaconVideoWidget code (which lives in src/backend).

Cheers