RELEASE: GStreamer 0.10.16 'Special Dispensation'
- From: thaytan noraisin net
- To: gstreamer-devel lists sourceforge net, gstreamer-announce lists sourceforge net, kde-multimedia kde org, gnome-multimedia gnome org
- Subject: RELEASE: GStreamer 0.10.16 'Special Dispensation'
- Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 23:58:01 +0000 (GMT)
This mail announces the release of GStreamer 0.10.16 'Special Dispensation'.
GStreamer is a streaming media framework that allows the construction of
graphs of elements which operate on media data.
Applications using this library can do anything from real-time sound processing
over playing video to capturing audio, video, and even other types of media
Its architecture allows for adding new data types or processing capabilities
simply by installing new plug-ins.
GStreamer is the core module, containing libraries, headers, the basic object
hierarchy, and a set of media-agnostic core elements.
For more information, see http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/modules/gstreamer.html
To file bugs, go to http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer&component=gstreamer+%28core%29
Release notes for GStreamerÂ 0.10.16 "Special Dispensation"
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
core of the GStreamer streaming media framework.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
The 0.10.x series has been reworked for threadsafety. It also features
various feature additions and enhancements.
This module, gstreamer, only contains core functionality.
For actual media playback, you will need other modules.
contains a basic set of well-supported plug-ins
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins under our preferred license
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect
Features of this release
* Monotonic/Posix clock support
* Dumping of dot-file graph descriptions for debugging
* Clean-up of exported symbols
* Many bug-fixes and enhancements
Bugs fixed in this release
* 497859 : --disable-gst-debug option fails compilation
* 339279 : [gst.URIHandler] interfaces with class-global virtual met...
* 498694 : Patches to avoid g_signal_emit(SIGNAL_HANDOFF) on identit...
* 498746 : basesink is forwarding downstream events
* 498767 : Hangs after end of tracks since 0.10.15
* 498924 : deprecate GST_PLUGIN_DEFINE_STATIC because it's not portable
* 499007 : [gst-plot-timeline] more options
* 499140 : Add check to ensure .def files are kept up-to-date
* 500143 : Some small improvements (limiting realloc and CPU usage )
* 500150 : [filesink] add property to enable buffering via setvbuf()
* 501560 : gst_(caps|structure)_from_string() crash if structure nam...
* 503131 : g_intern_string SUSE 10.2
* 503231 : Change to GST_BUFFER_FLAG_GAP meaning can break with base...
* 503417 : Build failure due uninitialized variable in function 'gst...
* 503590 : gstreamer-0.10.15 fails tests on ppc64
* 503675 : broken registry files written to disk
* 504499 : Messages from check no longer contain the test case name
* 505799 : iSight camera does not work in gstreamer
* 506643 : crash in fixate_value/gst_value_init_and_copy on empty li...
* 507957 : clean-up incomplete function declarations
* 508175 : GST_TIMEVAL_TO_TIME() and GST_TIMESPEC_TO_TIME() need to ...
* 510187 : gst_plugin_register_static() API review and GST_PLUGIN_DE...
* 510747 : Use $(MAKE) instead of make to fix the build if GNU make ...
* 511750 : Configure of prereleases 15.2-15.4 fail in OpenEmbedded M...
API changed in this release
- API additions:
- API deprecations:
You can find source releases of gstreamer in the download directory:
More details can be found on the project's website:
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org.
All code is in CVS and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.
Applications ported to GStreamer 0.10 include Totem, RhythmBox, Sound-Juicer,
Gnome Media, Flumotion, Amarok, Jamboree, Pitivi, Istanbul, AnnoAmp, Elisa, and others.
Let us know if you want to be added to this list.
Contributors to this release
* Alexis Ballier
* Damien Lespiau
* David Schleef
* Edward Hervey
* Jan Schmidt
* Julien MOUTTE
* Julien Moutte
* Laurent Glayal
* Matthias Bolte
* Peter Kjellerstedt
* Sebastian DrÃ¶ge
* Stefan Kost
* Thijs Vermeir
* Thomas Vander Stichele
* Tim-Philipp MÃ¼ller
* Wim Taymans
[Date Prev][Date Next
] [Thread Prev][Thread Next