ANNOUNCE: gnome-media 126.96.36.199
- From: "Marc-André Lureau" <marcandre lureau gmail com>
- To: gnome-announce gnome org
- Cc: gnome-multimedia gnome org
- Subject: ANNOUNCE: gnome-media 188.8.131.52
- Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 23:55:04 +0300
GNOME Media 184.108.40.206 is now available at:
What is it?
GNOME Media is a set of GNOME multimedia tools.
- gnome-volume-control: GStreamer-based volume control
- gnome-sound-recorder: a simple audio recorder
- gnome-audio-profiles: GStreamer-based audio encoding profiles
- gstreamer-properties: GStreamer a/v input/output configuration
but not anymore GNOME-CD, CDDB-Slave, and VuMeter.
Changes since 2.22.0:
* GNOME-cd, CDDB-slave-2, vumeter are all disabled by default
starting from this release:
- Rhythmbox, SoundJuicer or any other music players are better
suited to play audio CDs.
- If you use PulseAudio, we suggest you to use pavumeter
instead of vumeter.
* gnome-sound-recorder now has a slick new icon, and a record
level indicator, which might have ui/usability improvements.
* UTF-8 filename support improved in gnome-sound-recorder.
* gnome-volume-control has dropped libgnomeui dependency, and
improved themability: "Now we just need a pixel pusher to
make us some nice tango icons for the remaining icons", Jaap
* various code cleanups
What's cooking for next release (almost ready):
* 516090, 404877: GIO port, use GtkRecentManager
* 524364: GtkBuilder
* 513612 and 422719: GNOME-Media relicensing
Those bugs are marked with high priority. Help is always appreciated!
:-) If you would like to pick one, leave a note in the bug to avoid
* 171070: Hangs when recording is done on a file where there
is no permission (sound-recorder)
* 387400: remove new button and new menuitem from the GUI
* 359037: crash in Rhythmbox, edit profile
* 462164: should listen bus events (volume-control)
* 479757: sound-juicer does not properly delete profiles
* 169381: PCM is too technical for all but audio engineers
* 109621: documentation: what does the sound recorder record?
* 365607: Lock button status should be visible for blind access.
* 349106: specify tab at startup (volume-control)
* 349106: open capture page of volume-control (sound-recorder)
* 448706: use gtk_stock_add to avoid crash when started
multiple times (profiles)
* 504422: move code comments to avoid them being close to
translatable strings (profiles)
* 519544: fix mixer access when the list of options change
* 415353: only show a separator at the left of the playback
control if a previous control has been visible
* 516831: mark window title for translation (sound-recorder)
* 521919: "Help/Help Ctrl+H" renamed to "Help/Contents F1"
* 430824: return FALSE when track_info is NULL (GNOME-cd)
* 493503: more checking before string comparisons (sound-recorder)
* 430616: recording level indication in the statusbar
* 483254: fix utf8 crash
* 494031 and 310883: use GtkUIManager, use tango icons if
possible and make all icons themeable (volume-control)
* 524097: disable gnome-cd, vu-meter and cddb-slave by default
* 504420: use more GTK stock text (sound-recorder)
* 504419: use ngettext for plural forms
Thanks to all the contributors for this nice release:
- Patrick Wade
- Stephen Brandt
- Jaap A. Haitsma
- Takao Fujiwara
- Tilman Weiers
- Gabor Kelemen
- Loïc Minier
- Andrea Del Signore
Translations: David Lodge (en_GB), Jorge González (es), Daniel
Nylander (sv), Krishna Babu K (te)
Have fun, report bugs, :)
] [Thread Prev