RELEASE: GStreamer Base Plug-ins 0.10.10 'Pais'
- From: thomas apestaart org
- To: gstreamer-devel lists sourceforge net, gstreamer-announce lists sourceforge net, kde-multimedia kde org, gnome-multimedia gnome org
- Subject: RELEASE: GStreamer Base Plug-ins 0.10.10 'Pais'
- Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 22:15:59 +0200 (CEST)
This mail announces the release of GStreamer Base Plug-ins 0.10.10 'Pais'.
GStreamer Base Plug-ins is a well-groomed and well-maintained collection of
GStreamer plug-ins and elements, spanning the range of possible types of
elements one would want to write for GStreamer. It also contains helper
libraries and base classes useful for writing elements.
A wide range of video and audio decoders, encoders, and filters are included.
Release notes for GStreamer Base Plug-insÂ 0.10.10 "Chorizo"
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
GStreamer Base Plug-ins.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
This module contains a set of reference plugins, base classes for other
plugins, and helper libraries.
This module is kept up-to-date together with the core developments. Element
writers should look at the elements in this module as a reference for
This module contains elements for, among others:
device plugins: x(v)imagesink, alsa, v4lsrc, cdparanoia
codecs: vorbis, theora
text: textoverlay, subparse
sources: audiotestsrc, videotestsrc, gnomevfssrc
audio processing: audioconvert, adder, audiorate, audioscale, volume
video processing: ffmpegcolorspace
aggregate elements: decodebin, playbin
Other modules containing plug-ins are:
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins under our preferred license
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect
Features of this release
* Parallel installability with 0.8.x series
* Threadsafe design and API
* New elements: gdppay, gdpdepay
Bugs fixed in this release
* 343787 : The adder cannot handle when multiple elements tries to l...
* 336075 : ALSA emu10k1 mixer tracks are wrongly classified as playb...
* 349105 : crash with playbin and resizing screen
* 342494 : [v4l] Query " device-name " even if device is not open
* 342680 : [adder] seeking with multiple ogg files fails to work
* 345188 : [alsa] can't handle more than 8 channels
* 347091 : converting vorbis comments to GstTagLists is lossy
* 348157 : Changed " Change Device " menu behaviour in gnome-volume-co...
* 348916 : [typefind] add multipart/x-mixed-replace typefinder
* 350157 : [riff] riff parser can't detect dts audio stream
* 350655 : [oggdemux] should process seeking queries
* 350900 : [adder] should not clamp floating point values
* 351426 : API: add gst_tag_parse_extended_comment
* 351502 : g_value_set_string leaks
* 351742 : [vorbisenc] discontinuity detection too sensitive, might ...
* 353658 : [videotestsrc] doesn't round strides correctly for YVYU
* 354594 : multifdsink doesn't work reliably with sync-method = 'nex...
* 351790 : [ogmparse] crash parsing video stream on x86-64
* 140139 : [avidemux] can't play broken avi with ogg (not vorbis) au...
* 347783 : [PLUGIN-MOVE] GDP elements should be moved
* 347918 : Internal data flow error in udpsrc
* 349656 : jitterbuffer in GstBaseRtp fails to handle rtp seqnum rol...
* 350784 : element alsamixer doesn't respect asoundrc
* 351308 : [netbuffer] build fails with gkt-doc critical warnings
* 353234 : audiorate preserves DISCONT on buffers
* 353912 : Add cmml caps to oggmux
API changed in this release
- API additions:
You can find source releases of gst-plugins-base in the download directory:
More details can be found on the project's website:
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org.
All code is in CVS and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.
Contributors to this release
* Alessandro Dessina
* Andy Wingo
* Edward Hervey
* Iain Holmes
* James Livingston
* Jan Schmidt
* Jens Granseuer
* Kai Vehmanen
* Marcel Moreaux
* Martin Szulecki
* Michael Smith
* Sjoerd Simons
* Stefan Kost
* Thomas Vander Stichele
* Tim-Philipp MÃ¼ller
* Viktor Peters
* Wim Taymans
* Young-Ho Cha
][Date Next] [Thread Prev