Re: Replacing esd with gstreamer

On 3/29/06, Andy Wingo <wingo pobox com> wrote:

> I could be wrong, but I don't think ESD can be replaced without writing
> a daemon.

IIRC we had planned to use polypaudio for this, if the user wanted
caching then they used a daemon that had caching support (esd/polyp)
and if they did that then it would all work fine. If they didn't want
to run a daemon then they didn't get caching, but it would all work
apart from that.

That was the plan from 18months ago...dunno what polyp's status is
anymore though.

iain