Res: [xine-devel] Proposal for a common D-Bus interface for media players

For that case, I think there is UPnP! You can write a Control Point Application
and to control your Media Player, if it is UPnP complaint! If I understood your

Br, Flavio

Really, the only common use-case I can see here is the one mentioned in
the original post: writing a little remote control GUI for Kicker, or
gnome-panel, or xfce4-panel or whatever, and being able to have it
control any media player that supports The Interface.  For such a
limited use case, what's the point?