Re: Trying to tell me something?

On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 18:24, Alan Horkan wrote:
> I think someone is making a none too subtle point:
> Marlin 0.8 - The Unix Philosophy Is A Lie
> Marlin 0.9 - Pithy Phrases Do Not Make Good Software Design
[..]
> I'm sorry if I offended you in some way but if I have, please say
> something and let me know what I could try to do better.

As far as I know, this goes quite a bit back and is related to Iain's
hate against buzzwords, in this case "but it is the unix philosophy ...
<insert joe random opinion here>" and then see how people assume their
opinion has been backed enough to justify taking it for granted as of
that point.

This is Iain; he is like this and it's why we love him (seriously, check
his release notes of gnome-media in the early days. They are hilarious).
It has nothing to do with you. ;).

Cheers,
Ronald
--
Ronald S. Bultje <rbultje ronald bitfreak net>