Re: gnome-cd

On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 16:39 -0700, Leonardo Pereira wrote:
> --- "Ronald S. Bultje" <rbultje ronald bitfreak net>
> wrote:
<snip>
> > S-J is part of the GNOME desktop, so it surely can't
> > be that bad.
> "http://www.gnome.org/projects/"; doesn't have
> Sound-Juicer, if you are talking about the fact that
> Sound-Juicer uses libgnome, libglade and gstreamer,
> Goobox and others cd-players do the same.

Look under "Audio extraction":
http://www.gnome.org/start/2.10/notes/rnwhatsnew.html

Sound-juicer is part of the desktop release, not goobox, not any other
players.

> > Gnome-CD sucks, people agree on that. Even I, the
> > gnome-cd maintainer, wholeheartedly admit that
> > gnome-cd is a violation of the human right for
> > pretty software.
> I agree that gnome-cd is sucks, but I don't agree that
> sound-juicer isn't sux.

I'm sure Ross will love to see that line. So will all the people that
contributed to it.

> > Next step is obvious. And so we did. If you prefer
> > goobox, then use
> > goobox. We don't want to limit you, we just want to
> > eradicate ugly
> > software, and gnome-cd definitely is ugly.
> I am not saying that gnome-cd isn't ugly and that it
> can not be removed from GNOME. But I want to see a
> good program on its place, not another ugly software.
> Did you have done any research about what people think
> about Sound-Juicer and if they know another good
> cd-player?

I like it, Ronald who did a lot of the work on the player bit likes it,
Ross certainly likes it, and I'm sure a bunch of other people do as
well. If you don't want to use sound-juicer, then don't.

--
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>