Re: Replacing Esound with Polypaudio?

On Thu, 09.09.04 15:51, Xavier Bestel (xavier bestel free fr) wrote:

> Le mer 08/09/2004 à 15:17, Lennart Poettering a écrit :
> > Hi!
> >
> > I am currently working on the Polypaudio sound server, a drop-in
> > replacement for esound. Polypaudio is a modern sound server that
> > features protocol-level compatiblity with esound.
>
> Would using jackd as a mixing backend be a simple matter of writing an
> output plugin ?

Yes. I already thought about that. It is possible to write a plugin
for polypaudio that creates a sink where all connected inputs are
streamed directly to an underlying jack server, which does all the
mixing. Polypaudio wouldn't do any mixing or resampling in this case.

That has sex appeal, hasn't it?

Lennart

--
name { Lennart Poettering } loc { Hamburg - Germany }
mail { mzft (at) 0pointer (dot) de } gpg { 1A015CC4 }