Re: future of nautilus-media? (or maybe just build-hosage?)

Hi,

On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 23:56, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> The overlapping bits are:
> - video thumbnailer
> - nautilus properties page (nautilus-media only handles audio though)
> Ronald and Thomas would know better about the details on how well those
> work with GStreamer.

I only know the ones in Totem. The video thumbnailer works, has good
support, but is somewhat slow (imo; didn't compare it to the Xine one).
The same basically goes for the properties page. Both work well, though,
they load pretty much all media files, generate good thumbnails and load
all metadata (well, except bitrate...).

Thomas can probably tell more on the nautilus-media one. I know the
properties page works  (for Ogg/mp3), because I have that installed. I
didn't compare speed between the two yet. I don't know how well the
thumbnailer works.

Ronald

--
Ronald S. Bultje <rbultje ronald bitfreak net>