Re: future of nautilus-media? (or maybe just build-hosage?)

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 21:31:49 +0100, Ronald S. Bultje
<rbultje ronald bitfreak net> wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 20:01, Luis Villa wrote:
> > What's the state of nautilus-media going forward? With the latest
> > changes in nautilus nautilus-media no longer builds, and it sounds
> > like (from some idle chatter on IRC) not all of it may be
> > resurrectable. Are we going to drop it, resurrect it, merge the
> > relevant bits with gnome-media... ?
>
> Let's add the fact that most of the features in nautilus-media are
> dupped by totem-gst, which might become part of the GNOME desktop. Those
> two would definately conflict, and that means the features of either one
> need to be removed.

Maybe it behooves someone to list all the relevant
totem/gnome-media/nautilus-media features and figure out exactly where
the overlap is? I'm afraid I really don't know the subject area well
enough to do this myself, but it seems like a good idea to start ASAP
so that we can figure this thing out for 2.10 :)

Luis