Re: [Muine] Re: Introducing Muine, Rhythmbox in 2.8 and other things

[Removing from desktop-devel as this has little relevance there]

On Sun, 2004-05-09 at 15:42 +0200, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> Hi Jorn,
>
> On Sun, 2004-05-09 at 21:21, Jorn Baayen wrote:
> > Just updated to the latest CVS, time reporting is broken again in
> > GstPlay- should I file a bug or just let it be for now as its CVS
> > anyway? Otherwise, mp3 playback seems to work perfectly now ..
>
> Just update the existing bug if you wish. So gstplay reports the time
> wrongly but querying the element directly works?

It's actually a different bug - playing mp3s always reports 0 as time
now. (time_tick from gstplay)

I'm not familiar with GstPlay's internals atm, so I cant say much
more ..

> > It seems to matter a bit indeed. With alsasink a song switch can take up
> > to 2 seconds, osssink (on alsa oss emulation) is a bit faster (takes
> > around a second usually).
>
> And esdsink? Perfect as indicated in the report? That might mean that
> osssink/alsasink are slightly too complex in this respect, I'll look
> into that.

esdsink is more or less the same as osssink .. so that is ~ 1 second. :/

Jorn