Re: First release of MAS available
- From: iain <iain prettypeople org>
- To: Elliot Lee <sopwith redhat com>
- Cc: gnome-multimedia gnome org
- Subject: Re: First release of MAS available
- Date: 24 Jan 2003 15:44:52 +0000
fre, 2003-01-24 kl. 15:22 skrev Elliot Lee:
> It's not only memory usage, but CPU usage. Having the 'button clicked'
> sound in sound server memory ready to play is a lot more efficient than
> having to stat, open & read a file, perform format conversions, and send
> the data on to the sound-hardware-abstraction-layer (possibly requiring a
> fair bit of inter-process data transfer).
Oh no, I meant if we cache stuff in the application using a GstCache or
a (hypothetical) GstMemSrc, then the only advantage is memory usage.
] [Thread Prev