Re: Introduction

On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 12:34, Greg & Erica WOLSKI wrote:
> Hi my name is Greg Wolski. I live in Santa Rosa, California.
> I am new in Linux area. Actually my RH9 arrives today and I am going to
> install it ASAP.
>
> I am also a computer science student at SRJC. I am actually a beginner, but
> I know some C++. I still have to learn a couple of things before I'll be
> able code what I want.

Something I tried to get some audial-inclined friends to do, but failed
horribly at, is to come up with some better sounds.  It's not coding,
no, but something that could vastly help GNOME.  The soundset (last I
had the courage to enable desktop sounds) is sickeningly amateurish, and
frankly irritating/annoying.  Especially the login/logout sounds.

So far as coding, there are some great GNOME based audio apps - you
might look into GStreamer and apps based on it.