Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 14:59:23 -0400
From: Dave <dave bigfatdave com>
To: ricdude toad net
Subject: Just For Fun ;-)

One rather neat way of using esd that isn't 100% mentioned in the
docs is looking at esddsp and manually updating /etc/ld.so.preload to
load the appropriate libraries all the time.  I simply have to set my
ESPEAKER variable in .bashrc now, and all my favorite programs play
sound over the network automatically.  This is all you need to do in
the /etc/ld.so.preload file:

/usr/lib/libesddsp.so
/usr/lib/libesd.so

...cool, eh?