change tooltip for gnome-cd?

Hey there. I'm a bit of a Gnome neophyte, so forgive me if this is a stupid question or if I'm posting to the wrong place... :}

I like gnome-cd quite a bit; it even goes into the panel when I run it remotely, very nice. But, I'd love to get different information when I hold my mouse over the panel icon when it's running. The default is to show me the artist and album title. I'd greatly prefer if the tooltip told me the title of the current track! Since that's actually the window title for gnome-cd, I think it ought to be possible to make this change. But I have no idea how. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time,
Kris