Re: Coaster-lib

Wouldn't it be better to perform some sort of test to decide the fastest
reliable speed a drive could write at froma  given source?  This would
take into accound other factors and help prevent buffer underruns.  I
think I've seen burning software for windows that does this, by testing
how quickly you could burn from every hard drive and CD/DVD drive on the
system.  This could be run the first time you want to burn something and
then optionally run at a later time for people who change up their
hardware.  The data could be stored with gconf so anything else that
wants to access it could.  But then again I'm not familiar with the
technical details of these tests so I may just be unknowingly talking
out of my arse.

--Mike