Re: Equalization

On Fri, Sep 20, 2002 at 11:39:21AM +0200, Ronald Bultje wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-09-20 at 00:49, Dave Bordoley wrote:
> > I'm not on this list so please cc me replies:
> >
> > While scanning through some of the list threads i notice there was
> > discussion about equalization. I haven't thought about this too closely,
> > but perhaps from a desktop standpoint, it may be better to just have a
> > desktop equalizer that all apps use, rather than per app. I assume using
> > gconf this would be pretty trivial to do?
>
> With gconf, it'd have to be a daemon to be able to do anything when
> other applications set properties through gconf... You probably mean a
> bonobo component or a simple shared-library widget (or set of widgets),
> I suppose?

I'm kind of annoyed with this idea of having an equalizer for the whole
desktop :/ It makes sense for a mixer, but not for an equalizer IMHO...

Again, this is Rhythmbox biased, but I'd like to have an equalizer per song :)
Because one tune will be low on bass, this other one is live and sounds better
with another equalizer etc... So my idea was to have a plugin in gstreamer
for achieving this: just insert the gstequalizer in the pipeline and it's done.

Cheers.

--
Olive