Re: Status report on Gnome Wave Cleaner, and possibility of plug-ins

On Thu, 2002-09-19 at 05:13, Jeff Welty wrote:

> Once library functions exist, then I hope that it will be easier to
> determine requirements for a pluggin API that would support these
> algorithms.  Probably then also, someone smarter than me could make
> the libraries into pluggins.  It would also be possible to code
> stand alone programs that would read from stdin, write to stdout...

This plugin specification already exists. It's called LADSPA. It would
probably be best to code your library to a LADSPA plugin, as most/all
linux audio apps that use plugins really should support LADSPA.

Details at: http://www.ladspa.org/

iain
--
"Laws are like cobwebs; strong enough to detain only the weak, and too
weak to hold the strong" - Anacharsis