designing a wrapper lib

Hi,

Assuming everyone agrees we need to use one wrapper library for all
gnome core apps, I want to start up a brainstorming session on what we
want to have in the lib (let's just call it gmedialib for now, to avoid
any references to either mm or gstplay). When we have a list of things
we need we all agree on, we should start to design an API, implement it,
and push it as new standard lib.

Please, if you disagree we need to use one single library, reply and
discuss why you think we need multiple. (We're talking about the core
desktop lib here, we definetely need an embedding lib (gstplay?) as
well, but that's not what gnome-multimedia is about, IMHO).

To start with, here are a few things I could think of. If you think they
dont belong here, just start a discussion.

- simple audio/video playback
- gapless transition/crossfading (Not sure about this one, at least RB
will need it, but i can imagine other apps needing it. It's just a very
nice feature that would ideally Just Work on any mediaplayer.)
- relative volume
- equalizer backend, perhaps a widget as well?
- visualization
- good audio cd support (with things like eject and cd availability
signals as well)
- metadata reading and writing
- internet radio support

Cheers