Re: Monkeymedia, Gnome, Gstreamer

On Sun, 2002-09-15 at 13:55, George Farris wrote:
> Sorry to ask this but I'm not sure what the relationship is between
> Monkeymedia and Gstreamer.  It seems that gstreamer provides an API
> into multimedia audio and video.  Monkeymedia seems to provide another
> API

MonkeyMedia is a simple wrapper of GStreamer. It allows to very simply
play a bunch of audio formats and to get info from them (tags), and will
soon have a lot of features like audiocd playing, radio tuner support,
visualization, cross fading, mixing etc...

Mostly it allows to quickly have fun with audio without needing any
knowledge of GStreamer programming.

Cheers.

--
Olivier Martin <oleevye wanadoo fr>