[OT]Nautilus imbedding [Was]:Re: Gnome multimedia plan

> I've been using a Mac lately and what I really like there is that Finder
> is very fast, has a really simple UI, and doesnt have any of the view
> bloat: to view a file it just launches a simple viewer app, and very
> quickly too. My experience is that it works a lot better, since those
> apps do exactly what they are meant to do and are not limited by the
> nautilus shell, and are a lot faster and more reliable.
>
> Well, that is my vision about an ideal Nautilus as well ;) small,
> lightweight, and ideally with the nice columned view :)

I have to agree totally - I always configure nautilus to use external
viewers - they are so much faster and cleaner then imbedding etc..

And chances are if i open a file i might want to keep it open and keep
browsing...

--

	 .--= [ MArk Finlay - finlaymATeircomDOTnet ] =--.

	  [ sisob: irc.gnome.org www.gnomedesktop.org ]
		[ MArk: www.gnomesupport.org ]