Re: Gnome multimedia plan

On Sun, 2002-09-15 at 17:35, Jorn Baayen wrote:

> It would be really cool if gnome-cd could use MM too when it's finished,
> so we don't duplicate that code.

Are you going to use GStreamer solely for this? If not then you might
like the code in gnome-cd for the non cdda methods. It currently works
on Solaris, FreeBSD and Linux, which I'm not sure if GStreamer has a
decent Solaris output method: ESD doesn't count as decent ;)

> Another thing I want in MM is a generic interface to the system volume,
> might be something for gmix.

Hmm, possibly, can this be done with GStreamer?

> > I'd like that too, I remember though that the rhythmbox guys didn't want
> > to use cddb-slave2 because they already had cddb capability through some
> > other library.
>
> Well, if possible I think we should use cddb-slave2 .. dunno who told
> you this but it wasn't me ;)

Hadess.

> Random thought, if stuff is going to use MM we might want to move
> cddbslave into MM.

Hmm, have Monkey Media as a library that media apps are based on and
gnome-media as the collection of apps that use monkey media? Maybe. But
can monkey media get API stable by 2.2?

iain
--
"I don't see why [The United States] should stand by and let Chile go
communist merely due to the irresponsibility of its own people"