Re: Gnome multimedia plan

On Sun, 2002-09-15 at 16:48, Manuel Clos wrote:

> This is, the inclusion of gstreamer, rhythmbox, the cd player, and more
> important for me, things like the bonobo-cddb object.

Well, my plan for gnome-media if gstreamer is incorporated into gnome2.2
is that gnome-cd should be able to use gstreamer to do CDDA on systems
where it's needed (or the user wants), and grecord should use gstreamer
to play and record sounds. I know thomasvs is planning on something like
that. In the long term, gnome-cd should either mutate into a multimedia
player, or the gst-player would get CD handling...

>  How rhythmbox and
> nautilus would/shoud interact with a CD burning app. Every app using the
> same cddb (local) database, like audio CDs I have listened in my box,
> showing under a CD collection under rhythmbox...

I'd like that too, I remember though that the rhythmbox guys didn't want
to use cddb-slave2 because they already had cddb capability through some
other library.

iain
--
"The media's job is to interest the public in the Public Interest"
	- John Dewey