Re: gnome 2.2 and gstreamer

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, Guenter Bartsch wrote:

> humm - i still don't get this whole thing. if gstreamer doesn't server
> as a sound daemon, does this mean gnome will continue to use esd for
> this?

gstreamer is the media framework.

esound is the current sound hardware abstraction.

Introduction of gstreamer as the media framework doesn't obviate esound as
the sound hardware abstraction (and in fact increases the need for a
better solution to be finished, possibly MAS or whatever).

-- Elliot
This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against me!