Re: nautilus-media 0.0.3

Hey Guenter,

> hi thomas,
>
> > Got time to stabilize some more of the nautilus view.  I installed the rpm
> > on a clean machine (together with gstreamer 0.4.2 rpms), and it Just
> > Worked, and hasn't crashed since, so I'm taking this as a good sign ;)
>
> ...I wanted to hack something like this based on the xine engine for a
> long time now (maybe to be included with gnome-xine) - do you know a
> good tutorial or some other documentation on how to implement nautilus
> plugins (or whetever these things are called) ?

They're called "views".  I didn't find any good documentation, no, so I'm
hoping the test-view directory in nautilus-media will do exactly that ;)
I'm still scrubbing the code to be the absolute least amount of code that
properly implements all things you can do in a separate view.

Still some work to be done though, like properly figure out refcounting,
but it's a good start.  I'll be trying to draw out help from
nautilus/bonobo/gnome luminaries when I can't figure out things myself ;)

So, basically, you're free to help out and try this out and see where we
can take it.

Thomas

"Don't worry, Joey, it's unisex."
"Maybe you need sex, I just had some a couple of days ago !"
"No, no, U-N-I-sex !"
"Well, I ain't gonna say no to that !"
<-*- thomas  (at) apestaart (dot) org -*->