Re: TotemCdSelection widget

Am Don, 2002-12-12 um 13.14 schrieb Bastien Nocera:
> Damn, wrong e-mail address. Please respond to this mail.
>
> On Thu, 2002-12-12 at 11:54, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > In the current CVS (and in a slightly broken way in Totem 0.13.0), I
> > added a CD device selection widget.
> >
> > The API is very simple, and falls back to plain text entry for non-Linux
> > systems. I plan to add a way to "filter" the drives by type (so you
> > could choose to only show DVD drives, or Recorders, etc.) There's no
> > gconf handling in it, it is left to the application to do that.
> >
> > Shot (see in the prefs dialog):
> > http://www.hadess.net/files/shots/07-12-2002.1.png
> >
> > I'd really like the Gnome applications to use it, it would make all the
> > applications with CD handling work out of the box.
> >
> > Comments ?

Looks really cool :-)

However, I'm not sure if all users (want to) know the technical name of
their cd-/dvd-rom drive. Maybe the label could show something like "DVD
(CD/CD-R/CD-RW/...) Drive 1 (2/3/..) (technical id)", or something like
that...

Jörgen

BOFH excuse number 393: Interference from the Van Allen Belt.