Re: Another Contribution

On Sun, Feb 04, 2001 at 04:08:51PM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Dan Mueth">
>
> > This is good to hear.  As far as I know, the theming idea has not been
> > implemented for sounds yet.  (Is that right?)
>
> Sadly, yes. I'm sure Metatheme will take this up soon enough, but I don't
> think the groundwork has been done yet. I'm sure this will be a handy
> project for someone leading up to GNOME 2.0

I forgot where is MetaTheme again? Is there a mailing list?

> > However a package of sounds with some brief instructions/recommendations
> > for how to use them would be nice.  Perhaps this could be part of the
> > "Extra apps" release?
>
> I was hoping that some of the excellent sounds made could replace the
> less-than-stallar default sounds in 1.4, and then 'theme packages' may be
> distributed once there's a good interface for it.

Yes that is what I was hoping too.

> > If you think you have a nice package of sounds for GNOME 1.4, I'd suggest
> > joining the mailing list gnome-1 4-list gnome org and then emailing it to
> > see if they will still accept new packages.
>
> Here's hoping... Wheeee!

I seem to have gone into a mild email time warp, nothing new here, but I have
anouther sound for email notification. I orginally sent it to the evolution
folks, because I wasn't sure where it fit. The email sound isn't in gnome-audio
package. So what sounds should be in gnome-audio?  I think the current sounds
plus shutdown, startup, and email.

Erik
--
All music aspires to the condition of muzak.