Re: GSP website

On Sat, Oct 28, 2000 at 02:57:38PM -0500, Erik Jarvi wrote:

> I've just started the GSP web site, and I wanted to know what you all would
> like to see on it content wise.  I especially would like to hear from
> programmers, since I'm not one. Anything links or info would be great!

I'd like to have sweep listed (http://sweep.sourceforge.net/). Also
check out the links page there, the Linux Music and Sound and
similar pages are definitely worth listing.

> Secondly, should there be a "project statement" or should the project just
> morph as different people contribute?

It'd be good to at least have a starting point.

For example, that the aim of the project is to produce sounds for
the Gnome desktop / Gnome applications, and provide the
infrastructure for supporting this (the code required to implement
sound themes, sound themes capplet, integration with esd etc.).

It's not about developing sound applications or drivers; this
is fairly well covered by other lists such as linux-audio-dev and
linux-sound.

Conrad.