Re: [gnome-mud] Introduction

On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 20:30, Brad Peters wrote:
> I just joined the mailing list, so I figured an introduction was in order.

Welcome :)

> My name is Brad Peters  I tripped across Gnome-MUD while looking for a
> client to MUD with.  I'm pretty new to MUDding and the like, but this
> client seems to work nicely.  I'm also pretty new to Linux, but I am a
> developer (COBOL...I know... *shudder*).  I'd like to help out in some way
> if there's anything I could do.  I don't know too much outside of COBOL,
> but I'm pretty willing to learn.  I wouldn't mind doing non-development
> tasks as well.  Just let me know if I can help out, and I'll do what I
> can.

Currently we are waiting for a few small bug-fixes for a 0.10.5 and
after that we will be focusing on 0.11. The main task of 0.11 is to
redesign the user interface.

As you are new to mudding you will probably we a more active mudder than
me and Jordi are at the moment so any ideas, tips, comments about
problems using the client, things that cannot be done and all other
things that brings a question mark.

About learning to develop, during the ui-change-phase we are going to
use glade for the interface. Glade stores ui in xml-files and ui in the
application is drawn with help from the xml-file, so it will be very
easy to do ui changes. That might be an easy way to starting talking a
closer look at the client.

regards
Robin