Re: [gnome-mud] Gnome Mud compile on Fedora?

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 02:19:14PM -0500, los_smokey bluemarble net wrote:
> Being new to the group, I'm trying to get Gnome-mud to install on Fedora Core 1.
>  So far it says I don't have the GTK libs installed, when I know I do.  I have
> version 2.2-something of GTK, but yet when I run ./configure it stops and says
> it can't find it.  Is there an easy way to fix this?  Gnome-mud looks like a
> really good client and I would like to try it out.  Also, please be aware that
> I'm knida new to Linux.  The error message said something about not being able
> to find the GTK libs, and to link the packages from some file, (I think.)  I
> tried to install another mud client, but I had the same results.  And yes, I'm
> running gnome on my box.  (Fedora core is built off of RH9, I belive.)

You probably miss the libgnome*-devel and libg*-devel packages. I ca'nt
tell you much more, as I'm a Debian user.

> Please help.  I am thinking of moving away from Windoze but I need to have a
> good mud client to do so.  I just hate telnet.

Welcome to GNOME-Mud, although I warn you it's not anyway near as
complete as zMud or anything like that. We have lots of ideas, but
little time/manpower to get them done, currently.

Jordi
jordi sindominio net     jordi debian org     http://www.sindominio.net/
GnuPG public key information available at http://oskuro.net/~jordi/