[gnome-love] debugger

Hi, how are you?

I am new to gnome and I am working on my first bug and fortunately I've received help from many developers, but I'm still not able to fix the bug :( . I have a general question: is there any tool or debugger that you would recommend to keep track of the application state?, I am used to set breakpoints and see variable's content and I know there is gdb but I think that maybe it is more for low level stuff (assembly), or maybe I am wrong and there are features I don't know about. I guess some of you could point out something that could help me with this :).

Thanks in advance,

Julio Ordonez Viales