[gnome-love] URIs and UUIDs

Hi,

Does Gnome have any guidelines or recommendations related to URIs and
UUIDs?

I'm writing a desktop app which stores data as RDF, and I want to give
URIs to all RDF resources.

For the resources the application defines, I assume a good choice is to
use a URL, but that's pointless because I don't have any website to
point to. And still, I need some format. I can make my own, but before
that I'd like to know if Gnome has any guidelines for consistency.

For user-defined resources, I can't use a URI which reveals any
information, because some of the user data is private. So I decided to
use UUIDs, but there are two UUID libraries (one used by Linux and the
other provided by OSSP, with C++ binding) and 5 versions of UUID. So
again, I'd like to know if there are any guidelines.

By the way, if there was at least a tutorial, it would make all these
decisions much easier. I'll gladly write one, after I learn more :)

Thanks in advance,
Anatoly