[gnome-love] Having a difficult time with application icons for some reason.

Hey all,

So I'm giving my application an icon for the first time ever, and am
having a damn difficult time with this.

I've installed both the png and svg icons into the correct place in the system:

$ locate gottengeography|grep icon
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/128x128/apps/gottengeography.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/apps/gottengeography.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/192x192/apps/gottengeography.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/22x22/apps/gottengeography.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/24x24/apps/gottengeography.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/256x256/apps/gottengeography.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps/gottengeography.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/36x36/apps/gottengeography.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/gottengeography.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/64x64/apps/gottengeography.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/72x72/apps/gottengeography.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/96x96/apps/gottengeography.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/apps/gottengeography.svg

This part was easy to verify as it's the same place all the other
icons are. Then I edit my .desktop file:

$ cat gottengeography.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.2.1
Name=GottenGeography
GenericName=GottenGeography
Comment=Tag your photographs with geolocation data easily.
Exec=gottengeography
Icon=gottengeography
MimeType=x-content/image-dcf;
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Categories=Graphics;Photography;

But the icon does not show up in in Gnome Shell at all. If I set the
Icon= line to some other program's name, then that program's icon
shows up in the Activities window, and the icons are in the same
bloody folder that my icons are in. I checked the file permissions and
ownership, they're identical. What gives? Are my icons invalid or
something? I have been scouring the internet for literally *hours* and
I cannot find any documentation about how to set an icon for an
application in Gnome Shell. I feel like I've overlooked something
incredibly obvious. Please help.

--
http://exolucere.ca