[gnome-love] Volume control muted by default?

Hello,

I am just starting out trying to find my way around GNOME3.  I would like to try and help out with testing and reporting bugs.  Eventually I would like to try and fix some bugs.  I have GNOME shell 3.3.92 running on my Arch Linux machine which I installed from their pacman utility.

I have found that the system status indicator volume control is set to Mute by default.  It also returns to Mute after a rebooting the system.  This this the expected behavior?  I would prefer the volume to remain a the last setting after a system reboot.

I am also seeing the same behavior with the Bluetooth control having the adapter enabled by default.  I disable Bluetooth with the control, reboot the system and it is re-enabled.

Is this the correct forum to ask questions like this?  If not, can you redirect me?

Thank you,

Jason