Re: [gnome-love] gnome on mac?

hi;

On 28 September 2011 21:54, Catherine Elder <cje datamininglab com> wrote:

I'm looking to get started using GNOME. Is there a way to run GNOME on my mac, or do I need linux? If it's
possible, could you point me towards more info?

while you can develop and use some components of GNOME on OS X, you
won't be able to run GNOME as a single unified user experience.

if you have OS X you can, though, use VirtualBox (or Parallels, if you
have a license for that) to run a virtual machine with Linux on,
though, without necessarily installing Linux on your Mac. the latest
VirtualBox is capable of running GNOME 3.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name