Re: [gnome-love] should libcanberra-gtk3 be a dependency of libgtk3 ?

2011/5/19 Carlos José Pereira <carlao2005 gmail com>:
I am here, playing around with some gtk3 basic programming. I have compiled
a simple helloword (just an empty window), with gtk3. It works fine, but I
receive this error message on the terminal:
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"

So I went to synaptic and installed libcamberra-gtk3-module (which installed
libcamberra-gtk3-0 too), and the error message went away.

The question is: this means that libcamberra-gtk3-module should be
libgtk3-dev dependency ?
It's worthwhile to issue a bug with this?

No because it's not a hard dependency. Your GTK application should
work perfectly well without that module.

GTK is just trying to load all the modules listed in the gtk-modules
XSETTING. If you're running gnome-settings-daemon then you have that
module in gtk-modules by default.

Rui