Re: [gnome-love] Fwd: Google Summer of Code 2011 advice

Hi Andre

I am sorry if I wasn't clear before. What I really wanted to know was  that what technical knowledge requirements should a developer have if he has any hope for being selected fro GNOME in GSoC.

Is GTK+ knowledge mandatory?
What development tools and IDEs should a student be familiar with?
Any specific library knowledge which is a must for GNOME projects in general?

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 1:56 PM, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, 2011-01-27 at 20:46 +0530, karan pratap singh wrote:
> So Andre, since you phrased my question like that, What are the
> criteria to be good a developer for GNOME?.

You can drop the "for GNOME" as I don't see anything GNOME specific with
your question.
In my ideal world I'd expect the answer to be taught in university
lectures, but googling for "how to be good developer" should also
provide some ideas. :)
404.

andre

--