Re: [gnome-love] Retrieve sound settings

I can see the utility of needing to test and then set the volume.  I have users in my office that miss alerts and alarms because the volume has been turned down on their machines.  So what I do these days in my shell scripts is to turn up the volume and also provide a visual alert.