Re: [gnome-love] Help building Gnome 3 on Debian Squeeze

On 4/28/2011 6:25 AM, Scott Parker wrote:
I have been trying to build the latest Gnome 3 on Debian Squeeze following the requirements at http://live.gnome.org/JhbuildDependencies/Debian. I have tried several different approaches i.e bootstrapping / not bootstrapping, and the options to add to the jhbuildrc in response to the "Usual Problems" provided at the same link, but to no avail.

Here is my current .jhbuildrc:

# -*- mode: python -*-

# if you have a GNOME git account, uncomment this line
# repos['git.gnome.org'] = 'ssh://user git gnome org/git/'

moduleset = 'gnome-apps-3.2'
modules = [ 'meta-gnome-core', 'meta-gnome-apps-tested' ]

checkoutroot = os.path.expanduser('~/checkout/gnome')
prefix = '/opt/gnome'

os.environ['LDFLAGS'] = "-L" + prefix + "/lib"
autogenargs='--disable-static --disable-gtk-doc'
module_autogenargs['hal'] = '--with-hal-user=hal --with-hal-group=hal'

Has anyone successfully built the current Gnome 3 on Squeeze and if so could you provide the steps necessary to do so. I would really like to get involved in contributing to Gnome but cannot seem to get the development environment setup.

Hi Scott,

I managed to jhbuild gnome3 using Debian testing/unstable, but I dont like how it requires me to use jhbuild to run it after, so I went to get it directly from experimental :-)

I've to say, I like the experience very much, and wont be thinking to looking back. Gratz to all that work on it, very great software.

I will post the details again later as now I'm in my work computer which force me to use windows :-(

All the best.
-arief