Re: [gnome-love] tutorial or sample micro project for first GNOME programming attempt?

Am 27.01.2010 22:47, schrieb Ciaran O'Riordan:

Dear lovers,

:-)

I have a c programming background but I haven't written a GNOME app in
almost ten years.

Can anyone recommend a tutorial that shows the basics of current conventions
for writing GNOME apps in c (no GUI tools, just c)?  Or is there a micro/toy
project which I could look at and copy?

You could cehckout the gtk+ sourced from git and have a look at demos/gtk-demo/*

http://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk+/
http://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk+/tree/demos/gtk-demo

Stefan

The level of complexity I'm looking for is: dividing a window, adding a few
widgets, and making something happen in response to a click.  Once I'm happy
I'm doing those things in the recommended way, the API references should be
able to answer a lot of my questions.

I've searched around, but I keep finding tutorials from 2003, or for Gtk, or
for Glade.  I searched for a "gnome-hello" too, but the two I found were
from 2003 and 2002.  I'm more interested in seeing how a good GNOME 2.28 app
should start.

I'd prefer a windowed application, but if there's no such recent tutorial,
is there a good recent one for writing GNOME panel applets?

Thanks in advance.