[gnome-love] Le me introduce myself

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 13:10:10 -0400
From: Anand Arumugam <anand arumug gmail com>
To: Javier Jard?n <jjardon gnome org>
Subject: Re: [gnome-love] getting started in gtk+ development

2010/8/12 Javier Jard?n <jjardon gnome org>

Some more useful links:
Documentation to build GTK+ here [1]
Also, take a look to the "best practices" page [2]

Best regards,

--
Javier Jard?n Cabezas
Can you please explain what is the difference between the dev environment

Hello,

I'm new to the list. In daily life I work as a system operator (mainly linux / unix and sometimes ms windows if needed). I have worked as a Java developer for a number of years and I am still involved in user groups on Java and related languages. I have even worked as a technical writer (mainly in the MS-Windows world).

I work with Gnome on a daily basis and after visiting Guadec this year I decided to become more seriously involved in developing the Gnome environment. This means learning as much as I can about Gtk+, Qt-programming language and all the other stuff necessary to be able to add something useful to the Gnome-project. As I understand now the latest release has been delayed until the beginning of next year. So obviously there is still an amount of work to be done to engineer Gnome3 to perfection before it is allowed to hit the streets.

The first mail digest I received from the list contains a number of good suggestions. I need to emerge (or drown) myself in the dev environment and see some of the nuts and bolts of Gnome. I hope the people on this discussion list can help me along like Javier who seems to take the plunge as well.

Erik

Darwin powermacg3series.local 8.10.0 Darwin Kernel Version 8.10.0: Wed May 23 16:50:59 PDT 2007; root:xnu-792.21.3~1/RELEASE_PPC Power Macintosh powerpc